How to submit PDIs for internal competitions
These notes are to assist members in preparing and submitting images for PDI (Projected Digital Image) competitions. It is important that the image size, format and file properties requirements are followed so that your images will be accepted and projected correctly.
Images can be resized and reformatted manually using you preferred image processing software. Or by using the pdisetup program available for download from the Members' page of the website.
- Landscape images must be sized to have a maximum width of 1600 pixels. (If you are using PhotoShop, having the Constrained Proportions Box ticked will cause the height to be automatically selected.)
- Portrait images must be sized to have a maximum height of 1200 pixels. (If you are using PhotoShop, having the Constrained Proportions Box ticked will cause the width to be automatically selected.)
- For portrait images less than 1600 pixels wide or landscape images less than 1200 pixels in height, increase the image canvas in black.
- Colour Space must be in sRGB
- Images must be in JPEG format (.jpg) and should be saved at the highest quality settings.
- Images are submitted by attaching them to an email and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All images must be received by, at the very latest, the Sunday before the competition evening.
- To each image add the preix CO or CS as appropriate (CO is short for Club Open Subject and CS is short for Club Set Subject) and the image title and your name
e.g. CO_Image Title_Joe Bloggs.jpg
CS_Image Title_Joe Bloggs.jpg .
- If you use the club program it will place a resized 1600 x 1200 copy of your image into its source folder.
However, please note that the title formats
AO_Image Title_Joe Bloggs.jpg
AS_Image Title_Joe Bloggs.jpg
which also appear in the list are not now used so please make sure that you use the appropriate CO or CS title format.